Science in Action
Our research relies on support from community partnerships with local preschools, day care centers, and after school programs. Our research partners include:
- All Saints Elementary, Syracuse, NY
- Belle Sherman After School Program, Ithaca, NY
- Cayuga Heights School Age Program, Ithaca, NY
- Community Nursery School, Ithaca, NY
- Cornell Child Care Center, Ithaca, NY
- Cortland Child Development Center, Cortland, NY
- Dr. Robert Corey Child Care Center (TC3), Cortland, NY
- Here We Grow, Cortland, NY
- Immaculate Conception School, Ithaca, NY
- Ithaca Community Childcare Center, Ithaca, NY
- Learning Adventure Day Care, Cortland, NY
- Namaste Montessori, Ithaca, NY
- Northeast Kids Count, Ithaca, NY
- Seton Day Care and Preschool, New York, NY
- St. Paul’s Preschool, Ithaca, NY
- SUNY Cortland Childcare Center, Cortland, NY
- The Seed Center, Ithaca, NY
- The Gingerbread House of Syracuse Preschool and Childcare Center, Syracuse, NY
- UCNS, Ithaca, NY
The ECC Lab is excited to announce our partnership with the Sciencenter!
At the Sciencecenter, the ECC Lab learns how children think and process information while playing games with puppets and stickers. While children participate in research, their families are able to watch research in action and discuss the latest theories about how children learn with real scientists in this "living exhibit".
Our graduate students and research assistants are now acting as an interactive exhibit. Catch us on weekends and on Tuesdays downstairs in the Curiosity Corner to watch real-life research unfold before your very own eyes. Feel free to ask us questions, or even join in on the fun!
More Information About the Sciencecenter:
Sciencenter on Facebook:
601 1st Street
Ithaca, NY 14850
Phone: (607) 272-0600
If your preschool, daycare, school, or after school program is interested in participating, please contact us to find out how!
If you are a parent of a toddler or preschooler interested in coming in to the lab to participate, contact us!